Self-Service Help: Resource Market
Q. Using Student Suites (MICROSOFT 365, GOOGLE, ADOBE, AND MORE)
An office suite or student suite is a package of productivity applications. These packages typically include a word processor, spreadsheet application, and presentation program. Common examples include Microsoft 365, Adobe Creative Suite, and Google or G Suite.
What can I do with a student suite?
Here is a list of some of the common uses for Microsoft 365 and Google Suite.
- Writing and editing in a word processor with Google Docs or Microsoft Word
- Generating spreadsheets and manipulating data with Google Sheets or Excel
- Storing, organizing, and transferring files with Google Drive or OneDrive
- Creating a presentation with Google Slides or PowerPoint
- Taking and organizing digital notes with OneNote
- Managing emails with Gmail or Outlook
Adobe Creative Cloud functions more as a creativity software. Some of its functions include
- Graphic Design
- Video and image editing
- Web development
- Editing PDFs
How do I access these programs?
Office 365 is equipped on all GVSU desktops. The software is also available for FREE for all GVSU students to download on their personal devices. Visit the IT website for more information, https://www.gvsu.edu/it/softwarehardwareapps-69.htm
G Suite is freely accessible via creation of a Google account. All GVSU students have access to G Suite via their student email account.
ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD
Adobe CC is installed on Mac computers located in Lake Superior Hall and the Calder Arts Center. Adobe products require a subscription for installation on personal devices. Students can learn more about educational discounts for this software here https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/catalog/desktop.html. For more information on how Financial Aid can be utilized to purchase course materials visit this link https://www.gvsu.edu/financialaid/institutional-grants-176.htm.
HERE ARE SOME RESOURCES…
TO LEARN MORE:
Consider browsing these helpful resources:
- GVSU IT
- GVSU IT - Software/Hardware/Apps
- GVSU IT - Downloading Office 365
- Lab Hours and Locations
- Film and Video Department - Software Recommendations
WEBSITES AND BLOGS:
- Google Drive Help
- TechRepublic Guide to Microsoft 365
- Microsoft Office Help & Training
- Adobe Creative Suite Learn & Support
Ready to try the next phase? We can help you at any of the STEPS along the way!
Want to chat with someone who can help? Book a consultation today!
This information is brought to you by the Grand Valley Knowledge Market