Self-Service Help: Resource Market
Q. GVSU Technology Policies
What is the GVSU Student Code of Ethics?
Standards of conduct are established in order to foster a community and environment where the mission, vision and values of Grand Valley State University (hereafter “University”) can flourish. These standards are embodied within a set core of values that include integrity, community, inclusion & equity, respect, and responsibility. The University conduct process exists to protect the interests of the community and to challenge those whose behavior falls outside of these values and our policies. Any question regarding the interpretation or application of the Student Code will be answered by the Dean of Students. All students and the institution will be bound by the Dean’s answer.
The GVSU Student Code contains six sections:
- Prohibited Conduct
- Student Conduct Procedures
- Academic Integrity of Grades & Scholarship
- Class Removal
- Student Non-Academic Grievance Process
GVSU Information Technology Policies
The following Policies and Procedures can be read in more detail on the Information Technology website, but here’s a quick overview to give you an idea of the current policies and procedures in place at GVSU for students. Note: Public computers offered at GVSU should not be used for sensitive data Communications.
- Blackboard Policies and Procedures
- Business Notices
- Computing Conditions of Use
- Copyright Policy
- Digital Media Policy
- Electronic Mail Policy
- Electronic Media
- File Sharing
- Proper Use of Wireless Technologies
- Student Computing Account Agreement
- Cloud Computing
- Confidentiality, Data and Security
- Protocol for Compromised Data
- Security Incident Response Form
- Security Awareness Policy
- Setting Password Rules
- Setting Strong Passwords
- Setting Strong Passwords - Student Network Accounts
- Virus and Malware Policy
HERE ARE SOME RESOURCES…
TO LEARN MORE:
Consider browsing these helpful resources:
- University Policies: Student Code (STU)
- Visual Overview of the University Conduct Process at GVSU
- Information Technology: Policies and Procedures
Ready to try the next phase? We can help you at any of the STEPS along the way!
Want to chat with someone who can help? Book a consultation today!
This information is brought to you by the Grand Valley Knowledge Market