Self-Service Help: Resource Market
Q. Data Migration
As a student, you may be working on documents on school computers and eventually want them transferred to your personal device at home. This is called data migration, or the process of transporting data between computers, storage devices or formats.
How can I migrate my data?
Here are some ways to migrate data between devices:
- To migrate data electronically, you might upload data to a wireless file sharing software, like iCloud or Dropbox, and use those services to share data between devices. There are many file sharing services available depending on your device.
- To migrate data physically, you might upload data to a flash drive or hard drive and manually upload it to a new device.
For help with data migration, contact the IT department.
HERE ARE SOME RESOURCES…
TO LEARN MORE:
Consider browsing these helpful resources:
WEBSITES AND BLOGS
- How to Transfer Files from PC to PC
- How to move your content to a new Mac
- How to transfer all data from old phone to a new Android phone
Ready to try the next phase? We can help you at any of the STEPS along the way!
Want to chat with someone who can help? Book a consultation today!
This information is brought to you by the Grand Valley Knowledge Market