In accordance with the executive order of Governor Whitmer, all University Libraries buildings are closed until further notice. We continue to provide support online for GVSU students, faculty, and staff through our online services.
Self-Service Help: Resource Market
Q. Online Support
At Grand Valley, Online and hybrid courses (and other support programs) offer flexibility that you may not have in a traditional in-seat course. Online courses allow you to further your education without coming in person to campus. With due dates and assignment deadlines in mind, you set the schedule for when you are reviewing course content, participating in discussion, and completing assignments. Although there may be "live" class meetings or online office hours, for the most part, you will be directing your own learning and participating on your own time. -- from "Are You Ready For Online Learning?"
Taking an online class?
Here are some great resources for you in making sure you feel supported and prepared:
1. Tips for online learning , GVSU Libraries
2. Student Resources, GVSU Admissions
3. GVSU Admissions Resources for Online/Hybrid Classes
- Are you ready for online learning?
- Online readiness quiz
- What to expect from an online or hybrid course
- Essential skills for learning online
- Technology requirements for online/hybrid courses
4. Faculty Resources, GVSU Admissions
Be sure to check out these online support options for you:
1. Virtual Knowledge Market, person-to-person support related to data, research, writing, and presenting
2. Resources Market, collection of resources related to student college work (found at the bottom of the page)
Ready to try the next phase? We can help you at any of the STEPS along the way!
Want to chat with someone who can help? Book a consultation today!
This information is brought to you by the Grand Valley Knowledge Market