Self-Service Help: Resource Market
Q. Professional Projects
At the Knowledge Market, we consider anything "professional" when it's related to or in preparation for communication in the workplace.
Here are some examples of professional projects:
- Cover Letter
- Technical Reports
- Understanding the requirements/audience
- Idea Generation/Brainstorming
- Research (if necessary)
- Organize/Mapping (if necessary)
- Thesis Development (if argumentative)
- Revision (big projects)
- Citation (if necessary)
Questions to Consider:
- Semester-long projects: Will you continue to find your topic interesting throughout the semester? Is there enough information on your topic to complete the assignment? Are you able to find a new angle on the topic? Do you understand the scope of the assignment?
- Understanding the assignment: Do you have a good understanding of the assignment and what is expected of you? Do sources need to be academic, scholarly, peer-reviewed or referred? Have you evaluated your sources for content, credibility, and relevance?
- Keep in mind that it’s a good idea to evaluate your position in the academic or creative process. These processes aren’t linear and may require you to revisit multiple steps. For instance, it’s a good idea to go back and do more research to develop a better argument or have multiple reviewers to help with editing and proofreading.
TO LEARN MORE:
Consider browsing these helpful handouts:
- Academic Cover Letter - Shape
- Biology Lab Reports
- Email Etiquette
- Essay Tests, Tips for Taking
- Memo - Shape
- Personal Statements
- PRE-Exam Guide
- Professional Letter - Shape
- Professional Presentations (Ad & PR)
- Professional, Technical Writing by Purdue OWL
- Resumes/Cover Letters
- Speech & Language Pathology Graduate School Personal Statement
- Team Writing the Group Paper
- Thesis Statement
Ready to try the next phase? We can help you at any of the STEPS along the way!
Want to chat with someone who can help? Book a consultation today!