Self-Service Help: Resource Market
Q. What is the Writing Center?
The Writing Center is here to assist you with any writing project, at any stage of your writing process. The center's well-trained peer consultants can help you to brainstorm ideas, organize content, integrate research, polish a draft, and correctly document sources.
Any graduate or undergraduate GVSU student can make an appointment or take advantage of our drop-in hours simply by coming into the center with a draft of your writing. Faculty and staff interested in writing consultations for their own work and our other services can call 616-331-2922.
*Information retrieved from the Writing Center's "Home" page
What They Do
A WRITING CONSULTANT CAN HELP YOU WITH...
- Brainstorming and selecting a topic
- Understanding your assignment
- Navigating and interpreting professor feedback
- Considering your audience and what expectations they have
- Organizing your ideas and structuring your paper
- Crafting an argument, message, theme, or story
- Integrating sources and considering their effectiveness
- Revising, editing, and formatting your work
- Learning how to use and perform different citation styles
- Clarifying your message and editing your language
*Information retrieved from the Writing Center's "What We Do" page
Ready to try the next phase? We can help you at any of the STEPS along the way!
Want to chat with someone who can help? Book a consultation today!