Self-Service Help: Resource Market
Q. What is the Knowledge Market?
We view the GVSU campus as a community of students, all with their own unique processes, purposes, and goals. The Knowledge Market should enable students to achieve their academic goals toward full participation in our campus community as well as in larger academic, professional, and global contexts. Because students have different expectations, processes, and audiences, the Knowledge Market must provide services that support and enhance one another, such as:
- One-to-one consultations to support any student on campus working on any project
- Utilize an inquiry-based Socratic approach to guide students to discover their own
knowledge, ideas, and opinions rather than direct or instruct students towards specific
- Cross train staffs so they can knowledgeably communicate, collaborate, and connect
students with other Knowledge Market partners
- Collaboratively develop new programming, resources, and trainings to adapt to student needs
- Participate as an equal stakeholder in an administrative and philosophical collaboration with
other Knowledge Market partners
*Information retrieved from Knowledge Market "About Us" page
DO BETTER WORK
The Knowledge Market has highly-trained fellow students who can help you improve your skills. Our consultants work one-on-one or in small groups to develop your research strategies, improve your writing, or polish your presentations.
ALLENDALE OR DOWNTOWN
Drop by the Knowledge Market at the Mary Idema Pew Library or Steelcase Library or make an appointment to meet with consultants from the Library Research Center, the Writing Center, and the Speech Lab.
*Information retrieved from Knowledge Market's "Home" page
Ready to try the next phase? We can help you at any of the STEPS along the way!
Want to chat with someone who can help? Book a consultation today!