Self-Service Help: Resource Market
Q. What is the Speech Lab?
WHO ARE THEY?
The Grand Valley Speech Lab is a peer-to-peer public speaking consulting center. They are one of only sixteen communication centers in the country that has a training program certified by the National Association of Communication Centers, meaning that each of their consultants undergo thorough and rigorous training to ensure that they are able to provide the most well-informed feedback possible.
WHAT DO THEY DO?
The Speech Lab works with students and faculty on all things oral communication across all disciplines and occasions. It doesn't just have to be a COM 201 speech: they can help you with a panel, pitch, research presentation, dissertation defense, group presentation, wedding toast, calculus presentation, and everything in between. They assist clients in any part of the presentation-developing process whether it's (HYPERLINK ALL FAQ'S) brainstorming, outlining, verbal and nonverbal delivery, visual aids, speaking anxiety, and more.
HOW CAN YOU WORK WITH THEM?
The Grand Valley Speech Lab has three locations.
- Lake Michigan Hall 154
- Monday-Thursday 9 AM-4 PM, Friday 9 AM-1 PM
- GVSU Mary Idema Pew Library, Knowledge Market
- Sunday-Thursday 4 PM-11 PM
- GVSU Pew Campus, Steelcase Library Collaboration Zone
- Hours vary by semester and are available here
There are multiple ways to book an appointment.
- Schedule it online
- Call them at 616-331-8115
- Email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Just walk in!
- While they do accept drop-ins, it's recommended that you schedule your appointment ahead of time as the semester gets busier and busier.
This information is brought to you by the Grand Valley Knowledge Market