In accordance with the executive order of Governor Whitmer, all University Libraries buildings are closed until further notice. We continue to provide support online for GVSU students, faculty, and staff through our online services.
Q. Document Delivery and Interlibrary Loan
Answered By: Matthew Reidsma Last Updated: Apr 26, 2018 Views: 582
Document Delivery is one way for you to get the book, article, video, or other resource you need when it is unavailable through GVSU libraries.
For electronic requests, you typically get your materials within a few days. For hardcopy materials, it takes about a week. If you need something fast, we suggest searching through Michigan libraries first.
To make a Document Delivery request:
- Log in with your GVSU username and password. If this is your first time using Document Delivery, you'll need to enter your name and contact information.
- If you currently have no materials checked out from Document Delivery, you can select the large "Request an Item Now" button. If you already have materials from Document Delivery, you can also select the type of item you need from the buttons at the top of the screen.
- Choose whether you would like to request either an article, book chapter, book, movie, microfilm, or thesis by selecting the correct corresponding tab.
- Fill out as much of the form as possible, but be sure to fill in every field with an asterisk (*).
- Click the "Submit Request" button
- You will receive an email when your request is available to you.
You can also select "View Items" to see what you currently have checked out through Document Delivery.
Visit the Document Delivery policy page for more information on what you can and cannot receive through Document Delivery.
Document Delivery error messages
If you get a message telling you that you are blocked, this is most likely because you have an overdue book or unpaid fines. If you return your book or pay your fines let us know, and we can take the next step in unblocking your account.
If you get a message telling you that you are disavowed, this is because the system does not see you as a current GVSU student, faculty, or staff. If you are currently enrolled, let us know and we can begin to reinstate you! If you are no longer a student at GVSU, check with your local, municipal library as they can help you get what you need through interlibrary loan.
The next steps to get you back on track need to be done by a human, and the Document Delivery office is open Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm. You can reach us either by email at email@example.com, by phone at (616) 331-2630, or by stopping at one of our service desks during business hours!
Need to borrow something from closer to home?