Multipurpose Room Reservation Guidelines
Answered By: Alex Bultman Last Updated: Sep 20, 2022 Views: 40
The Multipurpose Room is located on the atrium level of the Mary Idema Pew Library. The standard room setup is 11 round tables that each seat 8, for a total capacity of 88 guests. The space is equipped with a fixed podium, desktop computer, dual projectors and screens, and an audio system. Two handheld microphones and two lavalier microphones are available upon request.
Standard events in the Multipurpose Room (LIB 030) must meet the following criteria:
- Event is intended to provide attendees with opportunities to learn outside of the classroom
- Event is supported by a Grand Valley department/unit or student government
- Attendance is open to any Grand Valley student, faculty, or staff
- The expected number of attendees is between 40-100
- Event date is not during the last two weeks of a semester, including finals week
- Event time is during building hours--starting one hour after opening or ending one hour before closing* (exception may be granted for building partners)
Standard events that cannot be held in the Multipurpose Room:
- Administrative meetings or closed activities hosted by units other than University Libraries during Fall and Winter semesters*
- Classroom sessions*
- Student organization activities (per the Grounds and Facilities Use Policy). Kirkhof Center is available for Expressive Activities.
- Fundraisers; campus promotional activities (such as fairs)
- Events with no GVSU affiliation
- Multi-day events*
*Some exceptions may apply
If your event meets all the necessary criteria, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your reservation.
If an event fails to meet one or more of these criteria and does not fall under an approved exception, it is not suitable for the space. Alternative space may be available in the Russel H. Kirkhof Center. More information can be found with Event Services.