Library Resources for Student Parents
Answered By: Kristin Meyer Last Updated: Aug 09, 2021 Views: 24
Kids are welcome in the Libraries!
- Children are welcome to study with you anywhere in the Libraries, but if you’d like a private space, you can reserve a study room. Need to use a computer in a study room? We have laptops available to check out.
- You’re welcome to bring children to appointments with librarians and/or Knowledge Market Consultants! If it's more convenient, you can also schedule virtual consultations.
- The Curriculum Materials Library has a large selection of puppets, teaching aids, big books, and children’s books for children or parents to enjoy! Young adult and children’s books can also be found at the Mary Idema Pew Library on the 4th floor.
- Questions? We’re here to help! Whether you’re in our library spaces or studying from home, we have many ways you can contact us:
- The Steelcase Library and Mary Idema Pew Library have Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems (ASRS - commonly referred to as the robotic book cranes) available for demonstration. To see them in action, head to the main service desk at each location and ask to see a crane demonstration, or you can watch the ASRS from home.
Nursing nest locations:
- Mary Idema Pew Library, 061
- Steelcase Library, DeVos Center, 119A
- Frey Foundation Learning Center, Center for Health Sciences, 353A
Baby changing stations:
- Mary Idema Pew Library, inside restrooms on Atrium and 1st floors
- Steelcase Library, DeVos Center 117A and 103C
- Frey Foundation Learning Center, Center for Health Sciences, inside restrooms on 1st and 3rd floors
There are additional nursing nests and baby changing stations located across all GVSU campuses.
Download GVSU Libraries coloring sheets below for the Little Lakers in your life (or yourself!):