Q. Faculty: Make eReserves folder in Blackboard visible to Library Staff
Answered By: Matthew Reidsma Last Updated: Aug 09, 2019 Views: 77
1. Log in to Blackboard
And navigate to the course you want to add your reserves to.
2. Get your Blackboard Course Code
Your Course Code is under Content Collection. It looks something like "GVPHI102.01.201930". You'll need this later to know which course eReserves folder to add.
2. Select "Add Menu Item" (the plus icon)
The plus icon is in the upper left of your course menu. Select "Content Area" from the dropdown menu.
3. Name the Content Area "eReserves"
Check the box to make it available to users, then click Submit.
4. Click on the new eReserves link
This opens the new Content Area.
5. Click "Build Content > Item"
This will create space for the eReserves folder.
6. Give the new item a name
Use something like "eReserves Fall 2019." Using the term is helpful in case you Course Copy the eReserves folder into future semesters.
7. Under Attachments, click "Browse Content Collection"
The eReserves folder is in your content collection. We just have to find it.
8. Hover over the word "Browse" and select "Library Content"
The eReserves folder lives in the Library Content area.
9. Select the folder that matches your course ID
You may have several different courses listed. Make sure to match your eReserves content with the course code of the course you are adding reserves to.
10. Click submit once.
You will now see the name of the eReserves folder under "Attached file."
11. Click submit again.
This will add the eReserves link to the menu for your students.