Answered By: Kathy Kosinski Last Updated: Jun 20, 2016 Views: 444
Some library materials are set aside for specific courses. These items are called "Course Reserve" materials.
Some course reserve items are physical materials that are housed in the libraries and some items are available electronically through the Course Reserve section of the library website.
If you are using the online course reserves for the first time, you will be asked to set up an account. This includes your name, email, and GVSU status (student, faculty, staff, etc). Once you fill this in and click "Change My Info" you are ready to get started adding classes to your course reserve.
The course reserve is a manual system, meaning each semester you need to add your classes. We can help you do this:
- If you currently have no classes listed, select the large "Add Your Classes" button. If you already have classes listed, select the "Add Classes" button on the course reserves heading.
- Find your classes by subject, instructor, or course number.
- Once you find your class, click the grey "Add Class" button on the left. This will put the class readings in your course reserve.
- To add another class, click the "Add Classes" button at the top of the course reserve section.
If at any point you need to remove a class from your course reserve list, simply do the following:
- Click on the class under your list of classes
- Scroll down
- On the right side of the screen will be a button with "Remove Class" in red letters
If at any point you have questions, let us know: email@example.com.
If you would like to reuse the course reserve for one of your past classes, we need to do that manually for you. Just let us know what class you'd like to reuse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For other information on what you can and cannot add to a course reserve, visit our course reserve instructions page.